Sonntag, 30. Januar 2011

Full Moon Party in Hat Rin, KoPhaNgan, Gulf of Thailand










Here is finally my little report about the Full Moon Party on the Island KoPhaNgan, located north of KoSamui and south of Ko Tao in the Gulf of Thailand, around 500 km south of Bangkok.
Our evening started on KoSamui. We had met in our place another German, Dirk. We had decided to share the experience. He was really looking forward especially for the music. A nice guy from Cologne, who was trying to relax from his stressful job as a kitchen chief. We got driven to the Big Buddha Beach, where already a big crowd waited. The Boat Ride to HaadRin on a speed boat was very nice. Arriving at the Entrance it was already clear this would be a very mainstream event. But I had expected this. Most of the Backpackers trying to get once to such a Party. You could buy a lot of shirts, huts and other accessories, getting painted with neon colors, tattooed or whatever. Like mostly I just ignored most of the business.
We had already some Whiskey-Cola on the way (it says this Whiskey contains ephedrine) and some Red Bull. It should be a long night. Our Boat would head back around seven in the morning, so we had almost twelve hours to go. We had some more Beer and the unavoidable buckets. Horrible Stuff. The sold mostly the some Wiskey-Cola mixture we had already, Wodka-Orange or Gin-Sprite.
We discovered the whole surrounding Area and have been surprised, how small the Party Beach actually is. As we have been still very early it wasn`t too much crowed that time. Good to get an image about the Location.
Between ten and twelve o-clock it was getting more full and around two o-clock the Party was full on.
We ended up sharing two mushroom shakes, the first soft and the second very strong. Like always I needed some time to get on the right track. The first half an hour I just watched the scenery from the edge. All this crazy-painted Travellers, some looking like Tigers, Gypsies or just mad, watching the nice illuminated rock at the one end of the beach, where they have built some really nice bars.
After a while I just decided to walk some minutes on the beach to test if I really feel prepared for the crowd. Finally I ended up walking along the whole beach, following the flow, until I reached the other end of the beach, where the music just become too aggressive, the place just too packed and also the mood of a lot of the people staying there much worse. You could see a lot of early drug victims.
So I headed back to meet again with my two friends.
I was now in a phantastic mood. I didn`t felt like dancing or moving fast at all and even not to talk, but I just enjoyed being there, listening to the music and watching all these strange people, some obviously very nice, some appeared like I didn`t wanted to have any contact with them.
There was for example one guy from Croatia with a Russian Name – Igor or something – who came to us to tell us about how much he like Germans. I hate this – I don`t feel like a typical German and there has been some reasons because I left Germany as well… I don`t want to say it isn`t a nice country, but there are other reasons behind soccer, drinking culture and some few electronica music artists from Berlin… I think you get the point…
He stayed there in a bungalow at the beach front of Hat Rin with a crowd of more Russians, most of them women… He told us he met Sven Vaith on another Island in Thailand and got so much drugs. I don`t doubt it. For sure he said the truth. He was full on drugs, loud, straight forward and euphoric.
When I met him some hours later he was sweetening like hell, his girlfriend was just running away from him with all his money (she returned after a while) and he was totally down. I gave him a cigarette and he was really ashamed that I saw him in this constitution.
I don`t want to change with him, even if I know that he really had a phantastic mood before. But why like this??? What to do…
Actually my friends had already left our place, because I have been longer away than estimated.
That was all right, but it wasn`t nice that they didn`t came back to look after me.
So I stayed in this place again and again. Actually it was the most quite place on the beach, what was far away from being any quiet… And so it got filled up with more and more too drunk or drugged people, who went to sleep or in a kind of coma. What the fuck!
I left the place from time to time to have another walk over the beach, watching these crazy idiots jumping over a burning rope and getting burned. Smiling over the whole face and being in fully peace with myself, not disturbed by anything.
Or checking out all the places on the rock, in hope to find the two other guys… no chance
Finally I was thinking about leaving the island on my own, because I got bodily very tired (always not good to drink first and then taking mushrooms, the opposite is so much better).
And I had enough staying there alone. As I already wrote - I wasn`t in the mood to meet new people.
But then the reappeared and we stayed some more hours. Christoph kept on drinking and danced for a long time. But Dirk and me didn`t liked the music anymore. It was getting worse and worse the longer the night lasted. So I showed him the places on the rock, where the music was much nicer, actually exactly the music Dirk was looking for the whole night and enjoyed the magical view over the whole illuminated beach. Great!!!
Then we went one last time over the beach. Now the beach ws covered by garbage, even if some Thai workers cleaned it all the time. I was often thinking on this evening if this whole event is all right (instead of only getting mainstream) and if the people are really dreaming the right dream to change some things on this planet instead of just proclaiming: “One World – one Love”. Actually I don`t think so and I am not blaming anybody for this. But I am looking for something else or say on a different track. And I have seen people disillusioned, desperate, disappointed of not fulfilled love, sad and destroyed. But at the same time a lot of shining people, full of love, Happiness and Fulfillment, dancing in ecstasy. I don`t know if I will ever see this event again but it was very interesting and worth to go once, especially as I haven`t seen any Big Festivals before.
For sure there are some Events out there that fit better to me…
That`s for now,

One World – One Love ;-)
Mr. Coconutyoga

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen